Saturday, December 22, 2007

Snow and Food Serendipity

I was in London today to talk biofuels with someone but was met with an unusual event at an unusual time and place. It was snowing in South London. When I got out of the train, the tiles on the roof of the houses looked white but I initially thought it was just frost, as usual. Then when I walked closer, the roads and the lawns had snow flakes covering on top. I knew that couldn't be frost anymore. Quite an unusual surprise.

Snow in South London

It was an hour journey back to Central London. Winson invited few days ago to have dinner at his place with his parents. I missed home-cooked Malaysian food, so without a second thought, I promised to come. When I arrived, they had cooked more than just a simple meal! I would have easily settled for anything since I understand they were here on holiday. It was a sumptuous dinner, with curry chicken, braised pork, home-flown red seabass steamed with mushrooms and vegetables. As if these weren't enough, we also had the dark glutinuous rice for dessert.

As usual, I have frightened both Mr and Mrs Tan when they saw the amount of food I devoured. But they were also happy to see such an appetite. It's good omen in Chinese belief? Haha!


Pork, o pork! Why did you have to look so appetising! I have overeaten and it's all your fault!
Dinner with the Tan family in Fulham


Now, I just got an idea. Maybe I should get my mom here for a while...hehehehe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

should hv got my mum to have best in kepong yong tau fu and curry chicken and...

heheheh...let me check out the cheapest airticket to london...but i wish u could subsidise for me and my mum

Wadi: said...

Dear Alden,

I just want to have a break in London...seeing the happenings that you have gone through, made me a rethink...though you miss Malaysia, and your family, perhaps, you still have potential glorious moments in the UK.

Noris

John said...

Have a blessed and merry Christmas! From John and Wai Mun.