Thursday, December 20, 2007

Final Salvo from Hell

The psycho old lady in the house threw herself into a fit of anger this morning for no apparent reason. She was shouting and shouting saying that I called her a thief last time, that I was wrong to ask her about the backpack, saying that I shouldn't have asked her about it at all and questioned why I didn't ask the other housemate. I was in a shock because of the sudden burst of anger and history lesson. They came like spears! Imagine I was having breakfast and preparing for work when this happened.

This is how it all started. J-net replied my email promising to return my rental deposit (in the form of a cheque) yesterday evening. She didn't. She then said it would be ready the next morning, i.e this morning. It wasn't there either. So I asked her about it. While walking back with the cheque, a flame in her suddenly ignited. She was burning in anger, accusing me of "no bloody manners" (for saying thank you instead of please, or was it the other way round..oh well...), cursing me that I will not survive long in the next place, threatening me to tell the church priest that I am a bad boy, and warning me not to simply talk about her as she knows, as she put it, "hundreds of staff" in my company. I am not very convinced about that actually...oh well..

I suspect she was still drunk since she smelt alcohol from the doses of mulled wine that she drank yesterday evening. But she seemed okay by the look on her face. I don't know. But what she scolded this time was quite funny actually. In fact, I contained my laughters especially when she said about reporting to the priest or gossiping about her in the office. In Malaysia, we would have called this person "perasan", meaning "full of herself, with no substance". But the right English word I'd use on a person like her is 'uppityness'.

I hope this is the last salvo from hell before I move out on Saturday. Now I see a great deal about TGI Friday tomorrow!

4 comments:

Raymond said...

U might have irked her so bad recently!
She has the medically termed at Attention Deficit Syndrome(ADS)!Tell her to consult a psychiatrist for god sake!She may hv bipolar maniac depression as well...hehe

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

hey Raymond,

Don't blame me man. If there's anything that irked her so badly, it would be her broken marriage. Blame the man who left her! hahaha.

Raymond said...

.....and u resembled her hubby's character who left her prematurely,no wonder she hated u!LOL

feifeipinky said...

Waoh! u have been updating quite alot in ur blog while i was touring Taiwan eh! hehe
Just got home...damn tired but still want to catch up latest update & checking those tonnes of emails.