Sunday, November 02, 2008

When UK picks up the M

I feel it is incumbent upon me to finish the story of "When UKM drops its M".

It will only do injustice to the Malaysian education system if I hadn't. Well, not that it will help much at this stage.

I have sent in an academic assessment to the Institution of Civil Engineers UK in July to ascertain if my engineering qualification would meet the education base to be a Chartered Engineer.

I received the following reply two months ago:

"The Panel has confirmed that you have the educational base for the grade of Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers and also for registration with the Engineering Council (ECUK ) as a Chartered Engineer...."

When I received this message, I was very happy that I've crossed a hurdle and am not required to do any top up courses. If not this would have meant more time and money.

Well I am still not Chartered yet but at least I'm nearer to becoming one than before.

So, yes, I guess this is as good as saying UK is putting back the M to its place.

No comments: