Sunday, November 23, 2008

Arctic Blast

We have been experiencing squally weather conditions for the past two days. Winds were blowing from the Arctic into the country bringing lots of snow and down temperatures to below freezing.

I had been curling into foetal position to sleep for the past two nights. The chill penetrated the duvet and I had to wear the thickest wool to sleep. I felt heavy on the bed! It's one of those nights I had to sleep with my socks worn too.

The weather has proven too much for the heater to cope. My room has surrendered to the cold. It used to keep at 23 deg C but fell to 11 when the temperature outside plummeted to -3. Well, I'm sure the heater could have coped hadn't the wind blown the whole night!

I almost dismantled the oven from the kitchen to put in my room!

The three pieces of cotton t-shirts I hung up to dry was freeze-dried the next morning. The frozen air has also cracked my lips. It was bleeding when I checked at the mirror.

The gusty winds have blown away whatever leaves that were struggling to keep hold on the branches. They are now stripped bare and I could even look pass to River Thames.

My appetite has also spiked these two days. The final bastion of hunger was broken down. The last packet of Mi Sedaap that I inherited in May from my parents was finally consumed. I could now imagine how a hedgehog would fatten itself for hibernation.

Hedgehog

The Arctic finally decided to lock the country up with snow this morning. The worst hit areas were Scotland and the north of England. London was not spared. We had snow too albeit milder.


Yorkshire

Just out of where I live

I was pelted with hail and rain this morning. It was agonising but as soon as this was over, everyone was back out with activities. Just like the rain, nothing can keep London strapped to a chair. Not even an Arctic blast.

London Southbank and the German theme Christmas fair

4 comments:

feifeipinky said...

waoh! minus the coldness of winter, is the time of the year i love most! seeing the pics u posted with snow..a song pop up in mind..
r'ber this song sang in SFX every year without fail??

"Christmas is the time, Christmas is the time,Christmas is the time to love..." ^_^

Raymond said...

I love dream to have such weather

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

i'll be happy to swap places with both of you for 3 months during winter. it's cold, wet and gets dark early. just don't like it at all.

Ray: UK would still be cold albeit milder when you're here in March. So, remember to bring a good thick jacket while you're packing.

Kiki said...

Ha..ha... I don't like the cold as well, but I do miss the snow and the Christmas market!