Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Losing my speed

Today marks the beginning when I start training indoors.

The weather has become too cold even at day temperatures and gets dark very early to do my trainings outdoor. I went to the gym this evening and started by going on the treadmill. Then I did weights before swimming 1500m in the heated outdoor pool.

My hands were a little stiff. This is the result of a break from the pool for too long. I hadn't swam since September when the weather got cold.

I felt like I was struggling with the front crawl. It was like Frankenstein trying to do acrobatics!

The time for 1500m used to be circa 29mins. Today it was 30mins 31 secs. A minute doesn't seem a lot, but in a race it could mean dropping behind 20 spots.

Oh no! I'm losing my speed! Do you remember the mushroom Mario Bro eats to get himself running at break-neck speed and bumping those giant mushrooms? I need that.

I think this is the part when Mario Bros eat the funny mushroom to get the hi-speed run.

No comments: