Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A year ago...

Was the time I dropped everything, sold my car, house, left my job, bade farewell to my family and friends, did lots of farewell dinners, karaoke and sobs and headed for Japan to start studying again. It was a big paradigm shift for me. I certainly think it was one of the best years of my life. Wouldn't trade anything for that. It was a no-brainer why I left for Japan instead of Qatar for my new job posting. (I was meant to go Qatar on 1st April before I dropped the bombshell on my boss and threw in the towel).

I could still remember hesitating to go to Japan and was still running around to settle my income tax payment on the day before I left! It was such a rush.

The new experience in a new country and (then being able to speak) a totally different language made me reminiscent those days more fondly. The people I met and the camaraderie forged in Japan would always have a special place in my heart.

In the morning of 4th April last year, I woke up in the plane arriving into Tokyo. But in a few hours, I will wake up in England (again), not Japan. It is a wonderful experience being able to experience Spring in two (very) different countries. Thank God for His great Blessings!


A commemorative clip I made for my Japanese Culture class. It doubles up as an anniversary video too! Enjoy!!

3 comments:

zafi said...

wah bro
long journey..
nice exposure and experience...
also like the background song...
enjoy your day!

Raymond said...

so do u forsee yourself being in Japan again for the sakura no haru matsuuri in 2008?

Wadi: said...

Japan and the UK. Two countries with different experiences, exposure and perspectives. And, I would say this: A smart and brainy malaysian within the crossroads' continents? haha