Friday, April 20, 2007

Neuschwanstein, Germany

We stopped over at Neuschwanstein Palace(I hate typing this name, I could never spell it right the first time) en route to Salzburg. The palace is still in Germany, not Austria. It was built by King Ludwig II in order to withdraw from public life. What a splendid retirement!

The walking route to the palace was an uphill climb, so we decided to take the horse. Most of us were feeling guilty on the way up when the horses stopped at one instance and panted for breath. If I were one of the horses, I bet running this Sunday's marathon would just be a stroll in the park. Just look at the legs!
A magnificent view of the castle with clear blue sky and the back of a snow-capped mountain.
The castle overlooks a deep gorge and a suspension bridge. I could only think of bungee jumping after spotting the bridge.
And by the way, Schloss means "Castle" in German. For a moment I thought it was a sandal's brand until I checked the spelling again.

1 comment:

zafi said...

The building
The bridge
awesome!