Wednesday, April 18, 2007

New place, new friends

I was trying to key in a friend's number into my phone. A message "Memory Full" came out. Time for some housekeeping. I scrolled through the names that was "worth deleting" and I realised 70% of them were ex-colleagues, local authorities and work-related contacts.

**Friends in the workplace not included in this category**

I used to deny to be a workaholic, but there's no relationship between telephone numbers and working hard. But does that mean most of my friends were from the working fraternity? I didn't think so.

UK numbers are taking most of the memory space now. New place, new friends. Glad to see the numbers increasing...a good indicator about my social life here; not as dull as when I first arrived.

Why did I have second thoughts? Maybe I was a workaholic last time, since the 70% only reminded me of work, work and work. I shouldn't have second thoughts....

I wiped them off entirely from the phone.....and now it feels 70% lighter...

3 comments:

Keipo said...

Bro Alden:

Wish u all the best in sunday Flora London Marathon ya...!!

Sub 4 woh...!!

Tey
Pm22

feifeipinky said...

hehe...i bet some of those numbers are ur subcon's & authorities's...haha.

Kiki said...

Same for me too! Still keep some of my ex-colleagues numbers in my mobile. Too lazy to clear them up, though I know that some of the numbers are not working anymore!

Yes, good luck with the Marathon! And assignments as well!