Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Some silly things I've never done for ages

Arun the birthday Princess

It was Arun's birthday. I've never bought a cake for anyone since coming here. I thought of getting him one. It was a spur of the moment (as usual) and I thought, "Hey, let's get him a cake."

Then off I went shopping one for him. At 9pm, most of the shops were already closed except the supermarkets like Tesco, Sainsbury and ASDA. ASDA was a good choice, since it was nearest to Arun's gathering place. I got there at half past and there was no sight of cakes. I walked frantically through the aisles and tried every corner for a cake but only found muffins and doughnuts. "Oh great, no cake for him then."

Suddenly, as if lady luck shook her magic wand, a cake appeared in front of me! It was the one and only left at the shelf. But guess what it says, "Birthday Princess".


"Aawww...how sweeeet....isn't that lovelyyy....." Yea right!


I thought, "O God, this can't be real!" I can't believe this. The cake even came with a pair of ballet shoes. To take or not to take then....

I took it anyway, rushing through the aisle again and to the checkout. O no! The candles!

I turned back and looked for some candles. Since I couldn't get a "proper" cake for him, let's make it fun instead. So I got the most fancy one to suit the princess design.

When I turned up for the gathering with the cake, I told my friends, except Arun, about what happened and asked them to take a peep at the cake. Those who saw laughed; everyone had fun too!

That was one of the accidental silly birthday prank I did for Princess Arun...

Video clip of the joke....

3 comments:

zafi said...

Hey
its nice when celebrating birthday with friends..
what a lovely cake...
Send my birthday wish to the "princess".. LOL
:P

Anonymous said...

ASDA!! nasty! arggh... that was like the last, worst choice when i was in the UK. ok, that was like... uh, more than 5 years ago so maybe they really made a turnaround, OR they make very good cakes if not anything else. correct, Mr. 3088? ^_^

zafi said...

bro,
aiseh...
i'll be there is MSD tomorrow
have a meeting..
u already in cambridge!
adehh..:(-_-)