Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Iserlohn and Munich

We took a train from Cologne to Iserlohn. Iserlohn was where we put up a night in Rafiq's place.

And a jamming session. Didn't know that my drumming could still take off with my limited experience from high school days. I guess playing the Electone helped alot in synchronising the hands and feet to create some head-banging beats.
We made a detour while driving into Munich. We spotted the big Munich Arena Stadium at the side of the Autobahn and decided to go against the GPS guide and went to see it. It was well worth the risk as the big membrane stadium was really huge and a great architectural feat. Okay, credits go to the engineers too; it was also a great engineering feat.

As you can see from the picture, it did not fit in the lens even though we stood far enough to look tiny ourselves.

L to R: Aeni, Me, Nik, Zak and Fairuz

Even the train stations in Munich is a work of art. This station reminded me of a scene in X-men.

And the train, like an IKEA showroom in a train. I wasn't disappointed at all with what I expected of Germany's subway transportation system. I was told that it was efficient and clearly it was. I am really impressed...seriously.
The new Elegance as taxis?? In Malaysia, you'd be shot for doing that to such an expensive model. But if I remember, I think our airport taxis are doing that actually.
One of the gardens in Munich. I love Munich. It's such a resplendent city with nice and helpful people. And very tall people sometimes, if you notice the height this picture was taken.
Hard Rock Cafe in Munich. Isn't this so infectious to others..hahaha. Now everyone has a bag!
Weird things happen when you least expect it. What do you say about levitation in the middle of nowhere...and they didn't seem too worried about this supernatural phenomenon. Ask Aeni and Fairuz if you want to know the tricks. Oh, did I say tricks? Then ask me...
A trip to Munich isn't complete without stepping foot into the BMW Museum. Besides, we have to pay tribute to our Beemer's legacy. Smacked in the middle of the Munich Olympic stadium, the museum features mostly antique cars and its automotive development history.This is one heck of a cute car. I bet if Perodua models this for the MyVi2, it would be a big sell out. I just wonder why have I never seen one on the roads before, not even in the vintage car club outings. When I said that the Beemer that we were driving was such a "metrosexual" car, not everyone agreed. At least the BMW Isetta was one that all of us could agree on...

6 comments:

Wadi: said...

Wish I could join you guys next time. I missed the Spain, Germany and Austria tour. Hope I could make it for the next tour. Nice pictures!

zafi said...

i want to be a taxi driver!

niQue_naQ said...

alden, our picture in the tiny cutie bmw racing cars tu takde ker? hehehe

one word to describe your blog..

perghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (^_^)

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

Zafi: You have to drive on the left hand side.

Nik: I have. I didn't put it up. Had too many photos to choose from.

feifeipinky said...

waoh! nice trip! nice pics! how i wish i could visit the place..hmm...$$$ factor that hold me back..sigh!

alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.