Monday, November 12, 2007

Running: Full Swing

I joined a fitness centre two weeks ago and have been training on the treadmill and swimming pool since then. I checked on Runner's World awhile ago to see if I can train up for any upcoming races. I was surprised to find that the Berkshire county, which I now belong, has lined up many races from now until 2008. I have signed up for the ballot for the London Marathon 2008 but am also thinking about other bigger race in other cities like Paris, Berlin, Rome and Barcelona.

In Berkshire alone, there are several high-profile races and a few duathlons. There are:

1. Dorney Lake, Windsor 10k
2. F3 Dorney Lake Duathlon
3. Thames Path Ultra 50 Miles
4. Wokingham Half Marathon
5. Thames Meander 54 Miles
6. Maidenhead Easter Ten
7.
Quintiles Bracknell Half-Marathon
8. Woodley 10k
9.
'Down Tow Up Flow' Thames Towpath Half Marathon

I haven't looked up London yet and I am sure I can unearth plenty there. I can now be very fussy in choosing the right races lest I'll be broke running all of them! I would like to try a Biathlon here though (Swim and Run), before I move on to triathlon. It's been 2 years since my last one. Without any essays or dissertation to chase anymore....now I can go full swing doing it! Time to get some medals and rev up the Pacemaker medal tally!

1 comment:

Raymond said...

get a bike and do tri!