Monday, May 11, 2009

I won, my foot!

Today I won a camera. A compact 10MP digital camera - the Lumix DMC-FS5.


I am a sucker for competitions. When my office ran a design competition two months ago, I jumped at it.

The idea of my design didn't come immediately. It came during one of my marathon trainings. I quickly drew it up on a piece of paper upon reaching home and later transferred it into a design template, which was a pair of feet. We were asked to use the pair of feet and come out with a design related to Project O.

When I submitted my design, I didn't expect much from it. After all, there were many other submissions from the office. One of my colleagues even submitted three entries when he saw that I submitted mine. No, he's not Singaporean. I didn't say twenty! When the coordinator asked if I would like to do the same to increase my chances, I declined.

I begged to differ on such philosophy. I do not believe in producing two or ten good enough designs. I just need to produce the best design. So I stayed on with one entry. Other colleagues pressed on with multiple entries.

And it came with a 4GB memory card and three years extended warranty!

Today the results were announced. My pair of feet came out as the winning design. I won the top prize.

8 comments:

niQue_naQ said...

hehehe congrats! loved the snide bit about Singaporeans hahaha

feifeipinky said...

hahaha...congrat! u did it again.

gEe said...

congrats..

Amy said...

Hey congrats, mate! Haha, the best things happen when you least expected it ehh?

Well done!

Mui Yen said...

unbelievable... :D can you join competitions and use my name?

SinLoong 欣伦 said...

show the design leh...

Noob Tourist said...

I want to see the feet! :D

Wadi: said...

Hey Alden,

Congratulations! You did not tell me on this winning when you called me at 7.00 am last Sunday! Huhu

Cheers
Noris