Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Get behind me, coffee!

Coffee is the most nasty thing people can do to their bodies.

My coffee intake was as little as three cups a year before I came to the UK. Since then, I have been drinking coffee to survive anything - sports, work and travel.

Now I can down four cups a day. I am officially an addict.

Aware of this shameful fact, I started cutting down on caffeine two months ago. I began by resisting the coffee temptation whenever I am sleepy. I gradually cut down on coffee and disciplined myself to only drink a cup of coffee after lunch.

Now I can live without coffee. I found that the effective way to do that is to break out from work whenever I'm sleepy. Sometimes I hold out a conversation with my manager on the series of questions I have gathered from start. But still the most effective way is to be able to talk to the scariest personality in the office. I will not sleep after that.

No comments: