Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Gift from Seattle

When my former housemate in Reading rung to tell that I have a parcel from the States, I immediately guessed it was Chris. Chris and his wife, Mel, visited Malaysia last year. I was really excited to host their stay.

After the trip, we have continued keeping in touch occasionally through email. We just have to email, because he is one of the few people in our MPhil who's been lying low since after the course ended! Even his blog is not updated!

When I opened the parcel, I couldn't contain my laughter. The top of the content was a postcard of Seattle. Shame that I thought they sent me a postcard from Japan. I thought I saw Mount Fuji!


But that wasn't what I laughed about. I laughed because they actually sent me a packet of smoked Salmon! In fact, the entire content in the box was from Seattle. Now, talking about Chris doing Sustainable Development, the carbon footprint that he just made and which I am also guilty of now! ;) I love Salmon. So I am going to have to offset my carbon footprint by doing less air travels this year in order to enjoy every bit of the meat without guilt.

As if the message didn't come out strong enough, they also threw in a travel book of Seattle and ended a cheeky message in the postcard that read, "...hope they give you the itch to come over and visit."

I am imagining that the other gifts were meant to say, "until you do, here are a chocolate bar and a box of premium cocoa drink to get you started."

2 comments:

Wadi: said...

Hey Alden,

It has been quite sometime I have not heard about Chris and Mel :) Miss their company. Say Hi to them for me please, hey whynot touring together to Seattle, by the end of the year?

Cheers
Noris

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

eh..boleh jugak. that was what i thought. u sure ke tak? i am quite keen actually.