Monday, July 21, 2008

Paris Sojourner Does London

CP and his family

CP and family came to visit. We had initially planned to run together but ended up not, because of the limited time that they had.

CP Waterman claims right of ownership of this place

We drove up to Cambridge on Saturday to witness the mega graduation ceremony. I called it "mega" because of the high number of graduands on this day! They were very lucky. I managed to procure tickets for them to witness the event at the Senate House.

Family of Yaps doing the road trip

I was a little envious thinking how easily they've gotten into a graduation ceremony while I planned for months for my family! They had also gotten into the dining hall of the famous colleges and eaten Fitzbillies chelsea bun; both of which didn't happen when my family was around.

You don't show off if you only have one chelsea bun!

Inside King's College Chapel

King's College ground

But I was really happy for them because they would have much more to associate Cambridge with in their recollection of the trip next time.

I am glad they enjoyed Cambridge.

As if reliving the experience two months ago but with a different family

The following day we drove to Windsor Castle. We also visited nearby Eton College.

I do not tag along when they do London on the weekdays but we make it a point to meet up almost every day- usually for dinner. In fact we had roast duck dinner in Chinatown for two nights consecutively! They loved it so much and I didn't mind too! ;)


I enjoy eating with CP and his family. Our eating style reminded me of eating with Pacesetters members. We cleaned up every piece of item on the plate and piled up on rice! What a typical runner!

They will be leaving tomorrow. I've not been able to repay their kindness when they hosted my family and I in Paris. Even the waitress who recognises me in the restaurant decided to take CP's payment and refused mine. They must have ganged up on me!

I hope we can meet soon. There's still a debt to pay.

2 comments:

Keipo said...

Wah..cinya..u met CP family...good leh..all is makan angin n food trip foto.

Any morning relax run with CP ah...his level almost same as u leh.

Tey

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

Tey,

Yea. CP is a "cinya" fast runner. Also a fast "carbo loader". We had a "rice eating challenge". I lost 5-7 to him. That's measured in bowls ok! hahaha.