Thursday, July 10, 2008

Work

I was asked if I could write something about my work or put photos of my office.

"At least we know how people in the UK work."

While I am adamant not to discuss about work in my blog, I wouldn't mind talking about life at work so far.

I also find it necessary to debunk several myths of what people thought I'm currently going through. But it's okay since I haven't spoken about it before.

1. I don't handle the entire project, you must be joking!

2. I don't deal with the Olympics events. Stop asking me for track event tickets for 2012!

3. If there's a comparison to what I was doing in Malaysia, I would give the engineering in Olympics -"Engineering - the Extended version". There are great emphasis placed on sustainability and legacy planning; two words which are still unheard of in Malaysia.

4. I haven't had to deal with anyone from Beijing.

5. I haven't met any famous Olympians in doing my work.

And finally, I don't use sophisticated softwares in my work. My tools of trade are a scale-ruler, technical compass set, mechanical pencil, few sheets of blank paper and a cup of coffee.

Proof that I was neither joking nor trying to be sarcastic to Japanese engineers

No comments: