Monday, July 21, 2008

Dear thief....

I am afraid I have outwitted you on this occasion.

The quoted price to fix the damage that you cost on my bicycle was unrealistic. So I had two options to solve the problem. First, I could wait till some realistic offers come around including the option of buying a new bike or two, I could resort to stealing, like you. I decided the latter is for scums of the earth, so the former was the only option left for me.

Recently I went to Cambridge and found many rear wheels lying around in my College. In fact I was spoilt for choice! I had to choose one in the end. So, I took the one in the best condition. It didn't cost me anything and best of all, I didn't have to resort to stealing. You should make a trip to Cambridge too. Who knows, you may want to help yourself with the punts too!

Anyway, I have fixed the rear wheel into my Old Faithful two days ago. It fitted like a second skin! The gears didn't need any adjustment and so were the brakes. The tyre thread is even better than the original!

I just found out that you have also helped yourself with the rear mudflap. You never fail to surprise me with the stuff you're after. But that's okay because the flap has never worked properly anyway. So you can have it. Please recycle if you can't use it.

At first the wheel was making some noise. It was coming from the bearings.That's probably the reason why its previous owner has gotten rid of it. Guess what, WD-40 has solved the problem. Now, the noise is gone.

If WD-40 could also solve social problems, I would have aimed the noozle at you.

Cheers!

3 comments:

joanium said...

Good on you, Yap! You made it a happy ending. We all make our own luck, eh :)

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

Haha..yea. That's what people told me too.

feifeipinky said...

Great! God find ways to help u.