Thursday, October 18, 2007

Little thing packs a punch

I am getting more and more dependent on the navigation system. It all started in August when we were planning for our trip to Cotswolds. I knew how efficient this little gizmo worked when I was in Japan. So I purposely bought a GPS for our trip and it worked like a dream! Driving with the GPS saved plenty of time and reduced the need to cross reference at each junction with a road map. It's dangerous to do that anyway.

I brought it back with me when I returned to Malaysia recently. It worked in Malaysia too! When I visited Singapore, I brought it with me and it proved to be really helpful. Last time when I got out of the MRT, I was always confused if I was walking on the right direction. I can be walking south, when I should be walking north! Again, the use of the GPS prevented this from happening. I held the GPS while walking on the streets. I was given the strange stares. They probably thought I had an electronic Feng Shui compass.

1 comment:

Kiki said...

Just read on the BBC News about another use of Sat Nav. Just thinking that you may be interested in reading it.