Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Learning London


I stayed at Winson's place in Fulham when I first arrived. I am really grateful for his generosity for putting me up for almost a week! It's in West London, so that's quite a nice (and expensive) area. Chelsea FC is just around the corner.



I did the remaining tourist stuff in London that I intended to do before this. When I first arrived, I went to pray for a while at the Westminster Cathedral, thanking God for my safe arrival. I visited the British Library, Museum of Garden History, National Portrait Gallery, 2nd visit to the Imperial War Museum to finish off the remaining parts of the Holocaust exhibition that I left out in 2004, dim-sum with old school friends in Chinatown and lots of window shopping. Some planned, some unplanned. I left out eating Ben & Jerry's ice-cream on purpose, so that I have a reason to go London this weekend!
Two Ben & Jerry's shops at the same street in Leicester Square!

It's a different experience visiting London in my own time as compared to when I first came in 2004. It was more of a photographing tour then. Now, I have all the time in the world! The city appeared much bigger this time. I felt I am able to soak in the history and architecture when I sit, admire, read and visualise the stories in my own pace and time. I have also discovered many other things which I have missed. Somehow, I discover and learn new things, brands and names, whenever I come here.

Just like three days ago, I found out that metal and resin combined, can be a form of art. This work of art is made mainly for women as accessories. Winson and friends went to the Les Nereides and proved that metal and resin can also be an expensive art.

No comments: