Saturday, September 15, 2007

Mizuno Run

I did the Mizuno Run last Sunday. This is perhaps the last official run for me in Malaysia for 2007. There will be a 1-month hiatus due to the Ramadhan month. No running events will be held until the middle of October.



I did the 10.6km run in 51 mins 33 secs. I am pretty satisfied with my performance considering the jet-lag. In fact, I planned my return to coincide with this run. My poor confidence in this race was also attributed to the lack of training while in the UK and the new running gear that I was wearing.



I thought I packed my running gear home, but I didn't. Ronnie See was so persistent of making me don the Pacemaker vest which I received back in April this year. He was almost like a child pestering his parents to buy him a toy, whenever he saw me online. "Remember to wear the vest", "Remember to wear the vest" and I kept assuring him, "Yes I will!", for like a million times! So when I came home without it, I felt really bad. It was worse when I had to break the bad news to him. I didn't get to speak to him. His wife picked up the phone when I called. Ronnie was asleep early for the next day. Mrs See was very understanding. She said, "It's okay. No worries about it."

I joked, "But my running points will be deducted!"

She said, "Why do you need the running points for?! You can't do anything with it."

I continued, "I thought you can exchange things with it like the Bonuslink points. Now I will be short of 20 points to redeem shopping vouchers!"

Sunday came, I went to Bukit Aman 1.5 hours ahead of race time. I met lots of new as well as familiar faces. Runners I haven't seen for ages since I left for studies. It was great to catch up with them. I didn't know my London Marathon article came out in the recent Footloose, the Club's quarterly magazine. Runners who have read the article told me about it. I was really happy knowing that I "still have a place" in the Malaysian running scene, even though I was physically away from the Club. That was quite reassuring. Honestly, I missed running in Malaysia and I missed Pacesetters! It's really good to be back.

p/s: Photos courtesy of Pacesetters Club

No comments: