Saturday, September 01, 2007

Piecing the puzzle


Jin Hooi (right), 2004/2005 Shell Centenary Chevening, MPhil ESD, Cambridge

I have finally solved the puzzle of locating all three former Shell-Cambridge scholars today. Victory! It must have been luck from my father's birthday (Happy Birthday Dad!) or the shooting star that I saw when I star-gazed at Parker's Piece yesterday.

I met Jin Hooi today over coffee. He was the only Malaysian of his time (2004/2005) to be awarded the Shell Centenary scholarship and what a coincidence; he did the MPhil in Engineering for Sustainable Development (ESD) too! I had a great chat with him, comparing notes of how the MPhil programme has evolved to what it is today. So what have I found out? Apparently, there were more inputs and components from MIT during his time. Of course, we did some really serious chat other than the nerdy talk, which I will not disclose here. We've thought about a grand scheme of things and are set to take Malaysia by storm. Watch this space! ;)

Adam Sharif, 2005/2006 Shell Centenary, MPhil Economics; Cambridge


Grace Teoh (1st from right), 2005/2006 Shell Centenary Chevening, MPhil ESD, Cambridge

The other two Malaysians from 2005/2006 batch were Adam Sharif and Grace Teoh. Grace was last year's ESD student. Now I've not only completed an MPhil but also the Shell-Cambridge puzzle!

No comments: