Thursday, February 08, 2007

Cambridge Snow Part 2

They say the second time is always better. I agree.

Me, Eskandar, Martha (Uganda), Duane (Jamaica) and Phuong (Vietnam)



Me, Martha, Phuong and Eskandar at King's College Chapel

Snow fight begins!


Oh no! You better not get this in snow fights!


This time, not only have I been more prepared with my clothings and empty stomach, but I have also planned in advance with my other coursemates for group photos and snow fights! It was marvellous. And the snow this time is much more intense than the previous one. In fact, it lasted for almost 6 hours!

I will let others do the "blogging" this time. I will not blog more but this is how it all went throughout the day:


In the radio yesterday, Cambridge Q103 reported, "It better snow tomorrow because the council has spent alot of money mobilising snow shovels in anticipation to tomorrow's heavy snow fall. It'd keep everyone waiting with their shovels for nothing if it didn't!"

This snow-woman is taller than me! Will see this egoistic chic melt in no time!


Today's email circulation for a talk...


"Despite the snow, this meeting is going ahead. If you can no longer come, it would be a great help if you could please tell us (reply to this email). This is to remind you that... "



Today's email circulation from our college gardener...


"..just a reminder to please keep off the small fine lawns which have 'keep off the grass' signs in corners. The reason is very simple -it causes soil compaction/damage when wet and grass die back when frosty. There are also bulbs coming thru in some of the lawns so please be careful to avoid these (daffodils, snowdrops, aconites, crocus). Thank you. Please enjoy the large lawns elsewhere and make as many snowmen as you can !!!"



Me, Martha, Phuong and Eskandar at The Backs of King's College


An email from my Japanese language lecturer:

"MINA SAN! It's Snowing!! Let's sing the song http://www.toshiba.co.jp/care/benri/douyou/2konk.htm Are you a dog person or a cat person?"

Well, I do have something to say after all but I won't type it out. I have done it in a video format and uploaded it in Youtube. Message to everyone in Malaysia, Uganda, Vietnam and Jamaica from the happy and fun lot in Cambridge!



and more snow fights...



8 comments:

feifeipinky said...

OMG! this is so much fun!! snow fight!! envy ! envy! ;p

Wadi: said...

lucky you! I watched BBC's news jealously on the snawfalls yesterday :) nice pictures and videos.

Keipo said...

wah...alden:

shook lah...!!

Take care woh...in the winter !!

Angel Wong said...

wah!!!
I only did pillow fight before. Snow fight is something new to me. I wan to snow fight too!!!!

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

Snow fight is alot of fun! Apparently there is also rules to snow fight, kononnya. Hit below the face.

Angel Wong said...

of coz!!! how can you hit direct to the face...thats like so cruel!

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

Trust me, when you are in a snow fight, it's free for all. All hells break loose. I got a few shots into my ears! haha...

Angel Wong said...

in this case, i'll stick back to pillow fight! wahahahah....