Saturday, May 06, 2006

Trip to URASA

Today I went to Urasa to check out my future university (after my intensive language course at Niigata University, I would be going to the International University of Japan). I went with 10 other Malaysians. The drive took us about an hour. The journey featured some breathtaking sights. We knew we were reaching Urasa when we saw the snow-capped mountains. We were abit scared initially that the snow did not seem to recede and it's already May now. It should be Spring and not Winter! However, when we reached there, we realised that it was not that cold after all. In fact I was in my T-shirt only before the wind got the better of me.


Syakir's car in front of us. Background is the mountain in Urasa.


First sign of reaching Urasa...


This uncle looks better with a smile. And so we asked him to...


Didn't he look better with a smile? He was the toll teller at the Urasa toll. Toll was 2550 yen.


IUJ ground


Picnic again. Since o-hanami is only starting now in Urasa, we might as well do it again with the presence of snow.


The group of Malaysians. Syakir was walking his baby, so he wasn't in the picture.

The picnic location that we were at is a dam at this place called Osaki. Beautiful yah...



More shots...

Some of the shared facilities in IUJ. Students are designated food utensils and food storage area at the shared kitchen. There is also a fridge and complete kitchen utilities for students to use.

No comments: