Friday, May 05, 2006

Fox Marriage Festival at Tsugawa

This place is called Tsugawa, at the Higashikanbara District, Niigata. It's about 80km south east of Niigata City. As you can see (the picture below), it's a mountainous countryside. Behind me is Mt. Kirinzan. It seems like a deserted area and the only thing that brings people to this place is the annual Fox Marriage Festival, which is also the reason that brought me to this place two days ago.



I was intrigued by the group of schoolgirls holding a Mickey Mouse shaped candy. Wanted to know more what it was and how I could get one, so I struck a conversation with them. Ended up chatting and taking a picture with them. They are each holding the candy. I felt like a total stranger when they grouped around me throwing questions about me, my country and my keitai (handphone), comparing with theirs. They are only 12 years old. And they are really adorable!
This boy actually carried his little puppy in his jacket. The little puppy was in cold and the head was shivering. The puppy is called Momo.

Some candid shots of the volunteers there.

A typical scene from the Fox Marriage Festival. It was inundated with visitors from all over Niigata-Ken especially during the Golden Week.

Sum & Hui (Malaysian seniors) all busy with their new SLR toy and looking for good moments to catch.


This uncle was preparing the Tokoroten, a type of Japanese noodle, which is semi-transparent. Looks like our Malaysian Chinese "fun si". But the preparation is somehow interesting. It goes with soya and mustard sauce.

The blossoming Momiji. It is just too beautiful to not snap this.

Two of the performances featured at the Fox Marriage Festival


I like these two shots very much. The facial expression of the girl tells stories.

Young and old alike, age is no barrier when it comes to celebration and fun.

Isn't this little fox adorable??!!

And this too??


Finally, me in the picture...**looked abit ganas right?** The deep-thinking fox, at least not a sly one, for sure!

Even the policemen joined in the face painting

The moment we had been waiting for to get a glimpse of the fox bride. Reserve your comments (if you have any) about her. Appreciate the kimono instead. I am sure it costs alot!

People gathered at the event finale point, just at the bank of the Agano river.



No comments: