Monday, May 29, 2006

Da Kanji Code Solved


The Da Vinci Code has been phenomenal in Japan and I am sure other parts of the world too. Video shops here have been selling and renting out their own prelude versions of the "Code" and it is just crazy. Sometimes I just could not comprehend what is so great about the Da Vinci Code. I just read the book, and am now looking at the other side of the story with the "Da Vinci Deception". It is true that many people have been deceived by the book. Embarassingly, Dan Brown called it the Da Vinci Code instead of Leonardo's Code. Da Vinci which came from Leonardo Da Vinci means Leonardo of Vinci, just as how people say Alden of Kuala Lumpur. So, if I become the next Renaissance man, and someone writes a book about me and call it "Of Kuala Lumpur" or "Da Kuala Lumpur"...it would have been a colossal faux pas.

O, this blog is not about Dan Brown but my own code. The Kanji code. My Chinese name. For weeks I had been trying to find out how to pronounce my name in Japanese. I finally cracked this "code". My name 葉偉雄 (Mandarin: Ye Wei Xiong) is pronounced as "You-i-yuu". ..or Happa, Erai, Osu from the direct translation. The three words mean Leave, Hero, Man (brave). Sugoi hah! (sugoi=cool)

Code cracked....

No comments: