Friday, April 17, 2009

Trip to Pisa

I was in Pisa on Easter Sunday. Pisa is not a very big place. Tourists like me go there just for the world's famous Leaning Tower.

Emerging out from Pisa Central train station, I followed the crowd whom I believed were there for the same reason - to see the tower. The tower was not immediately sighted until about 2km away from the train station.

As soon as I turned at a junction, the tower was immediately recognisable. It was really strange to see such a beautiful tower on the verge of collapse. The angle was much worse than I expected.

The Leaning Tower from a distance

Compare the angle of leaning with the Cathedral next to it

The Leaning Tower is an architectural splendour but also one of the most shameful engineering feat in history. I stood in front of the tower trying to soak in the architecture and structure of the building. I couldn't stop laughing thinking it's such a joke!

Other than the Leaning Tower, there is nothing much to explore in Pisa.


Really if not because of the Leaning Tower, I find it hard to find the next attraction here. In fact, the tower is the only thing that's keeping this place alive!
Inside the Cathedral - located behind the tower

Isn't this observation a true reflection of life? That adversities are not necessarily bad all the time. Sometimes adversities can present to us life's greatest opportunities!

1 comment:

feifeipinky said...

oh waoh!! nice!!