Saturday, April 25, 2009

London Marathon final preps: This is it...

In less than 10 hours I will be running the London Marathon.

You can track me here. I am 5526.

Some shots of the final preparations:

Tower Bridge barricaded

Raymond's friends from South Korea

Pre-race briefing

Race registration


Lambeth, the Borough I'm representing

Props at the finishing line

Goodie bags

The beast that will take on the roads tomorrow

Final checklist:

Charge IPod. Check.
Tie microchip to shoe. Check.
Pin bib number to t-shirt. Check.
Bring PowerGel. Check.
Set alarm clock. Check.

Sleep now.

6 comments:

Christopher said...

Enjoy the run! I am betting that its going to be a memorable run for you..The Antwerp Marathon is also on 26th April..

feifeipinky said...

While u running in London Marathon..ur bunch of running kaki in M'sia are in Bidor doing their 20km run.
Ganbatte! Sub-4,k. ;p

Raymond said...

Yap wooi Huen: 3hr 47min 22sec! U took EPO kah? lol......congratulations!

The Runner, Dreamer, Observer, Seeker said...

Hey, Alden!

Very good timimg! I believe the weather was very good too...we got to watched it 'live' in Astro. Congrats!

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

Hi All!

Thank you very much.

Chris: Did you run in the end?

Ray: Eh don't be jealous ok? you've achieved your sub-4, now it's my turn la. kiasu right.

Christopher said...

Congrats to your sub-4 ! Really an inspiration to me who have always wonder how such time can be achieved. Nah, I was there for sightseeing and really miss running after seeing many posters around the city. So, whats next for you?