Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Working with Digestives

I come in early to the office to catch up on news before I start working. So I have my breakfast in the office every morning.

One morning I ran out of cereals. It only filled one-eight of a bowl. Certainly not enough for me, no! So I rummaged the drawer to look for more food. I found a packet of digestives.

I tore open the seal and took out four pieces of biscuits. I broke them into quadrants and filled the cereal bowl.

As usual, a banana, cereals and milk for the morning.

After this accidental discovery, I found myself doing it every morning, even with the ample supply of cereals in the drawer! That's because it tasted really nice.

Digestives in cereals and milk. You'll love it!

I have been doing this weird combination on my seat ever since. So people hadn't noticed about it. At least that's what I thought.

This morning I decided to go into the pantry to do it since I have a new supply of milk to put into the fridge. There were three colleagues in there as well.

Gerry looked at the bowl and said, "Is that digestives?"

I answered yes. Two other colleagues looked on curiously.

Ted said with a little disgust in his face, "Does that go well in milk? That's really weird."

I asked him to try since I have loads of digestives. But he declined.

Gerry defended, "Ah! I think it'll taste brilliant. Like how they crush digestives to layer the base of cheesecakes!"

I nodded but Gerry continued, "You've been doing this for a while, haven't you?"

I laughed and said, "You noticed?!"

He replied, "I just didn't ask!"

Then lunch came. I took out my lunch box and tried to reheat the content. Coincidentally Gerry was in the kitchen. He joked, "Topped with digestives too?"

I proclaimed proudly, "No. Layered as base. Just like cheesecakes, Gerry...just like cheesecakes!"

No comments: