Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Nike Human Race: London edition

I walked from office to Oxford Circus today and collected my race pack at the NikeTown. The email sent to us mentioned that we should avoid collecting the race pack during peak periods especially after working hours.

NikeTown, London

I did just that! When I arrived, there wasn't even a queue!

The lady at the counter must have been really excited about the whole thing. She took almost 10minutes to explain the event to me.

"Remember to keep this voucher. You can't get into Wembley without this. You get admitted into the concert with the same voucher."

She continued, "And here, this voucher - this is for you to claim a 15% discount for Nike merchandise. While this voucher here is for...."
Who's the crowd now? Runners or staff?

There were just so many papers in the pack! She then explained about the microchip. I think she was trying to make sure that this daft-looking Asian doesn't end up tying it on the headband during the race.

The t-shirt is a chilli red Nike dri-fit with an imprint of the running number. I'm runner 872,947 and I've been allocated to start on the first wave. That's going to be great because that means I can come back earlier to change for the concert afterwards!



Too bad they have passed Malaysia for this event. I sense this has something to do with our National Day celebration which falls on the same day. So, the nearest city for Malaysians to get involved is in Singapore. Nonetheless they have found a subtle way to make Malaysia being counted for the race.

I know some of you readers are from Chicago, Melbourne, New York, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Taipei, Tokyo and Singapore. If you happen to run or know anything about this event, how's it like over there? T-shirt design? Level of organising? Care to share?

1 comment:

feifeipinky said...

hey...nice T-shirt!! in red!!

Adidas Run is this wkend in Dataran Shah Alam..dono if the vest as nice. ;p