Thursday, August 16, 2007

Internet surfing - only when you need to

I do not promote softwares but I must talk about this one. The new Google Desktop (GD) is really cool. It looks like a Windows Vista add-on but I would rather give this credit to Apple (am sure you'd know why).

Before I am asked the question: "Are you checking on my blog every minute? I just wrote that article and you have commented in less than 20 minutes!", I would like to clarify that I don't. It's just that I have found a more effective way of keeping track the list of cool blogs that I go to through the RSS feed offered by GD. Living in the UK, I definitely find the real time weather forecast an extremely useful tool.

You can customise the gadgets according to taste. There are live feed on NASA's satellites, real time news updates from BBC, CNN, etc. And am sure my Muslim and Taoist friends would find the position of the moon gadget, a useful tool, especially when it comes to festivals.

Sounds like a marketing pitch but GD has altered the way I surf and saved me lots of time! Now I only surf when I need to. I would certainly recommend this to everyone! It's already been out since June, so some or most of you may already have this in your PC/laptops. If you don't, it's not too late.

O wait, der_pacemaker and Raymond just updated their blogs....see ya!

No comments: