Monday, December 25, 2006

Madrid, SPAIN

So what would you do when you have 3 assignments at the back of your mind and a childish crave for travel to satisfy? Just bring your laptop and two t-shirts; nothing else. The rest, get it from Hard Rock Cafe. That was exactly what I did for this trip. I flew from Barcelona to Madrid and from Madrid to Lisbon. Doing my assignment in the airport while waiting for the flight departure was a very sensible thing to do. I managed to finish one of the 3 assignments. But I still need to proofread it again.

Madrid welcomed us coldly...

The local "mamak" stall where we had our breakfast. I think it's simply called as a Cafe.


When I first arrived into Madrid, my first reaction to KY was, "I hope I bump into Beckham in Sol. Or even Victoria also can la..." I guess Madrid has looked like a Beckham place to me now than Madrid's matador and bullfights.


Everywhere in Spain gyrates around Puerta del Sol, which is central Madrid. The picture above is Plaza

Mayor which is southwest of Sol. The centre of the square is occupied by a statue of Philip III who was responsible for the construction of the square. The Plaza Mayor was once the focal point of the old city, where bullfights, royal coronations and even the inquisition took place. Though the Plaza Mayor is probably the most popular tourist attraction in Madrid, it is still as popular as ever with the Madrileños (people from Madrid). A number of street café’s and restaurants cover the Plaza, from where you can buy over-priced Paella and people watch.

One of the common features in the city; storylined miniatures of the 3 wise men , running up to Christmas.


The Royal Palace in Madrid


One of the halls in the Royal Palace. Showcase of luxury and splendour

The dining hall in the palace. Some people just know how to enjoy the finest things in life. Am sure it'd looked superb if there's a formal hall held here.

While I just enjoy a meal of the local delicacy, the tripe tapas.


And as usual....


No comments: