Saturday, December 09, 2006

Baby Brendan's Full Month

I am late in reporting Baby Brendan's full month, which was on 30th November. But my brother was consistently sending me photos of him, almost on a weekly basis. I spoke to my parents, grandmother, brother and friends who have seen the baby. All of them told me the baby's antics were very cute. The distinctive baby smell was nonetheless what the people were after other than the baby fat and chubby cheeks.


I've seen in the photos how Baby Brendan has developed from a tiny scrawny creature into a chubby healthy looking Pooh bear. Haha... He's so cute now and I just couldn't wait to go back to Malaysia and carry, hug and play with him. At least I have an additional thing (person I mean) to look forward to now.

While writing this, I was thinking what I was going to talk to Brendan boy about when he grows up.

"Oh, kaka (means "uncle" in the Foochow dialect) was still studying when you were born"
"Oh, kaka never had a chance to carry you when you were born because I was in the UK"
"Did you know you were featured twice in my blog, when you were born!"
"Did you know your dad was sending me photos of you almost every week when you were a baby."




But that would take at least a few more years from now before little Brendan could make up words or start calling out "Papa", "Mummy", "Ah ma", and yah.."kaka". Haha...Gosh I'm so looking forward to that day. Even that, would he understand what is a "blog"? Haha....anyway, if I have forgotten about telling him all these things, you out there who are reading this please, remind me to tell that to Baby Brendan...

"Though Kaka was not around in Malaysia when you were born, he was showing your pictures to his friends in Cambridge and telling everyone how cute you were. At one point, three persons were standing in front of the laptop as Kaka scrolled the picture album of you. He was so proud of you. He told his friends that 20 years from now, Brendan will be studying here and then, he would be telling his friends...

"Did you know that my uncle has spoken to three of your dads before about me and they were standing right here in this same place looking at my baby photos....."

3 comments:

Wadi: said...

Say "Hi" to Brendan from Pakcik Noris :). He's adorable!

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

now u know why am i so jealous of you going back to malaysia huh....

feifeipinky said...

gosh! so cute...