Friday, November 03, 2006

All Systems Go!!

I have told myself not to blog anymore until next week or so. Blogging is first of all, very time consuming and secondly, time is a luxury to me now. But I am extremely elated, ecstatic, excited, overjoyed, happy, energised and whichever adjectives synonymous to any of them because my long-awaited parcel has finally arrived! I just can't help expressing this feeling now in my blog. After 2 months of waiting and winter is coming, it is finally here! I was waiting faithfully for my winter clothings which I brought over from Japan via shipment from Malaysia. Without that, I'd be in deep trouble. Already the temperature has gone down tremendously from 10-ish to below zero at night. Thank you Irene, for coordinating this delivery.

My much awaited winter clothings, direct from Japan, via Malaysia

No way I am gonna share this out. This can stay in my room....

Luckily Irene wrapped this up in plastic. The oil leakage was terrible.

This was the content of the leaked pack...tom yam paste!!

Check out my personal storage space in the kitchen man! All systems go...O yes, does anyone know how could I import a 10kg koshihikari from Japan? :)

That means I could now cook to my heart's content and most importantly, have the authentic Malaysian taste which I have yearned for all these while. I was holding back my purchases of the Malaysian ingredients because nothing beats the original recipes from home. No doubt I could get the ingredients in Chinatown, London but I was also expecting the parcel to arrive every day! Besides, I was pretty doubtful of a mat salleh signing off on the recipe bottles with the caption, "Authentic Malaysian recipe". Would anyone believe that, c'mon?! Now that I have all the ingredients, I could now cook some Malaysian dishes for my block mates and invite the Malaysians for a get-together. Haven't been doing this since I left Japan! Alright, now it's all systems go!

Akitaka Soeno from Toyota, presenting the company's Hybrid Technology at the Engineering Department

Apart from that, I have another encounter with the "land of the rising sun". No, I'm not going to say it's the haunting again, but I chose to go for this talk by Toyota. They were talking about the Hybrid Technology and future vehicles.

8 comments:

feifeipinky said...

hehehe...finally...u received it! yeah! my duty is done!! so, when r u cooking ur well known chicken rice & post it back to us ah? haha..hv fun cooking & treating,k. ;p

Raymond said...

wei i heard those some scholars there r really 'bo liu'one issit....ahem `bit political here but judging fr the huge volume of malaysian studying in UK,i strongly believe more than half dont deserve to be there....maybe u too!!! lol lol,go back nippon!
U hv been japanized!!!

Yap! It's 3088.. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yap! It's 3088.. said...

There is always huge volume of Malaysians everywhere man! Cos we guys value education too much. Who's "yau liu" who's "bo liu" I don't go and "liu" such information. As far as I know, the people I encountered have all been yau liu..and you are right..I don't think I deserve this place. Worst off, if I don't succeed in life, I will perhaps work as a waiter or sign up to be a doctor in Klang Hospital la. hahaha

feifeipinky said...

hehe...being a harry potter fans...suddenly tis parcel delivery thingy sounds like the story book..."harry in school, his faithful owl will occationally send him parcels or letters...& often enough those students will be at the main hall with owls flying in & drop the deliveries.." hehe ;p

Anonymous said...

Don't go lah please send my regards to Kartini and be good to yourself the saying goes Don't Play Play

Raymond said...

Aruden san u slammed down my phone middle of the night!

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

i didn't. i thought u said bye so i just hung up. in fact how do i "slam down a phone" with skype?