Friday, April 04, 2008

Sieving A Bin Of Vomit

It's one of those rare occasions when I decided to check the "Junk Mail" folder in my Yahoo Mail account. I have to-date 6456 mails which have yet to be cleared.

As I browsed through the pages, I recognised some familiar names. When I clicked on them I realised these were important mails that have been filtered into the Junk mail folder.

Actually I did have a job offer from Malaysia that I have been telling everyone that I had been unsuccessful. Actually I did have more birthday wishes than I expected. Actually I did have a reply from the queries I sent to the mobile phone company. Actually I did have a reply from the Borough Council.

It's aweful the Spam filter did not work as effectively as I expected. Now the function seems like a bane to have because I need to go through the list of mails again. I have to pick out the good from the disgusting ones like body augmentation ads, notifications of my million dollar windfall, female rentals, medical products, dildos, etc etc.

Thanks to the Yahoo efficiency now I have to go through the trouble of sieving a bin of vomit!

1 comment:

joanium said...

Yap!

Switch to Gmail. The spam filter is almost perfect.

Having said that, after reading your blog posts, I looked in my spam folder and found an important email. Thank you!