Friday, April 04, 2008

Do or Not Do?

I just received news that a Swimathon Challenge is coming up in 2 weeks. It's a fund raising event organised by the Marie Curie Cancer Care.

They have several distance to choose from to suit different swimmers' ability. I am thinking of swimming for the maximum distance, 5km. I know it sounds insane but it's something I feel strongly that I can do.

After all, I've done a 6.5km open sea swimming challenge (Kapas-Marang) before back in 2005.

Because it's a fund raising event, I need to commit a target for the event. I have my doubts even to raise £100. Feeling defeated even before the battle has started. What a loser right?

Thing is, I like challenges and I like swimming. If I can do both for charity other than personal, that'd be wonderful.

Or maybe I should send an email to my colleagues to each sponsor me £2?
Or maybe I should send an email to my former coursemates in Cambridge?
Or maybe I should write in my Facebook wall to ask for donations?
Or maybe I should hope to find a £100 note on the floor tomorrow?
Or maybe I should give up?
Or maybe I should put up in the blog and hope for things to happen?

How ah??? Do or not do???

2 comments:

feifeipinky said...

great! do it! Last wk during KLIM back in M'sia, Hitz & Nike too raise for charity with anyone sign up with them & run. They managed to get nearly RM9k out of it.
sponsor? hmm..RM ok kah?

SinLoong 欣伦 said...

u can earn back £100 easily but this experience will be once a life time... SGD20 fr me ;) claim when u r back for holidays! heh