Sunday, April 13, 2008

London Marathon 2008

Finishing time: 3hr 28mins 23secs

This year's London Marathon is different from last year's in several aspects:

1. This is a wet marathon. 2007 was the hottest in history.

Buckingham Palace

2. This is the centenary of the London Marathon. The medal turned out to be really cool.
3. This year's finisher's T-shirt is white. Last year was black!

4. Didn't get to meet Cambridge or familiar runners this time
Runners' area. Buckingham Palace in the background

The drinks stations were well placed and the distance markers accurate. I was not exhausted after the race. In fact I ran a further 4km to cool down post-race.

Before I get too long-winded in this report, most of the stuff were pretty repetitive and can be read from the 2007 report.

And before I lead you on any further, I just remembered point number 5: I didn't get to run this year. :(

P/S: London Marathon 2009 registration for ballot is out!

11 comments:

feifeipinky said...

huh????!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Farny lah you. I was going to put on my shoe and start training for marathon shoe when I saw your timing. Then, I saw point no. 5!!! Hahaha! Good one!

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

Haha...sorry for the misleading information! All you need to do to get a photo of the medal is talk to someone and say, "Hey! Well done. Can I see your medal?" muahahahahahaha...

Anonymous said...

By the way, thanks for the birthday wish. I thought the call was from some China chick telling me I've won something. So I din't pick up the call. But thanks again!

I saw PM Tey message, I think he still thinks you ran 3'28!!

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

Lil Khoo,

Biar lah..hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Your 3:28 caught my attention. Then I wondered if you got a place to run finally. Hmmmm! I didn't get a place either. I am going to try for 2009. the centenary plus 1 year medal may look even cooler! Ha ha! Keep training.

Ai Ling (Singapore)

cRAzYtoMatOmaN-D said...

Your 3'28 got me! Hahaha!
But since you are 3088, that should be your time. :P

London marathon is....breathtaking!

CP Waterman said...

Based on your Reading half performance, 3hr28 is just about the time to aim for.

BTW, I just read that only people currently residing in UK can go for the ballot sysytem. For the rest of us outside, it seems we need to go through some specific travel agency. Is that true?

Would love to run London one day.
When London had their 1st marathon in the 70's,I was there, but I tot it was too boring for me. I was in the thick of Badminton then.

So,its Paris 2009 and a week later London, deal or no deal? (my doctor will kill me, haha)

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

CP,

Regardless, I will sign up and pay for Paris 2009 this time. If I get London Marathon, that's another thing to worry later. Will put up at your place then? haha...

Raymond said...

U used up 3:28 to wash up piles of luandry izzit?

Raymond said...

i mean laundry 3088