Monday, February 18, 2008

The day Maths died...

I was queuing to check out after a quick grab in Tesco. I noticed another Asian in front of me holding two bottles of whiskey.

The cashier asked for his ID. Probably he looked too young to be buying that. The guy showed his ID card but the cashier took awhile to decipher the numbers. I would have thought she tried looking for the date of birth.

Then I realised she has found it. She was just struggling to count his age when she leaned over to her colleague at the other till and asked, "Excuse me Gloria, 1979....how old is that?"

Gloria paused her item scanning for a while and looked blank. She murmured, "Wait..1979...79...err...that would be 19 years old."

Sensing something was wrong, Gloria turned herself to her colleague again and said "Oh wait...that can't be right. I am 82 and that's 25. 79 should be 22! That's fine. Give it to him...."

3 comments:

feifeipinky said...

hahahaha...wat a great joke!!! goodness...how can these ppl survive?? eh?

niQue_naQ said...

OMG!! hehehe how did they ever manage to invade us in the first place?

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! This is funny!