Thursday, February 28, 2008

Asics Reading Half Marathon

To running friend Raymond Hee, this event should be pocket change to him now. First of all, congrats to him for finishing the world's toughest race- an Ironman competition!

I hope he has stopped flaunting about his achievement writing the "I" word with font-size 1000 (in bold) where glaucoma patients can even read it from the moon!... Or head-banding his reptilian eyewear and giving thumbs up in almost every picture in his blog. My RSS feed is almost bursting out of the monitor! I was 0.00002mm from un-subscribing his feed if not for the feed from Cambridge that topped the list now! Oh well, I think he deserved it after all the hard work and sacrifice. You can never stop admiring the feat of an Ironman...

To me, this is my first running competition for the year since I relocated to Reading. There will be 17,000 runners doing the half marathon. So, pocket change to some, a fantastic event to many others including myself!

I have since trained in gym running on tread mills. I haven't done any outdoor trainings and it's a shame. I can't blame the weather entirely. Part of the reason is me - lack of discipline.

I received my running bib and champion chip early this month and never spent any time looking at it yet. I didn't even have a clue about my number; whether it was 4 or 5 digit! This evening when I read the Evening Post, 3/4 of the papers were dedicated to the event and half of that published the list of runners this Sunday.


It was out of curiosity to check for my name that compelled me to take a peep at my running bib. 3176...as I flipped through the pages, I saw the number and then my name. Yes, there it is. I'm in! I noticed there are not many foreign runners (read Asian). I think the level of competition will be high. That's really good! At least I can test new limits.


I'm so looking forward to getting my first running medal in the UK for 2008. Pray for good weather and health!

5 comments:

feifeipinky said...

Great to see u doing another race! Ka yao!

Keipo said...

bro alden:

hi,I just upload 4429 pics from langkawi ironman,if u want to view it all of u friends pia face,suffer,enjoy,happy ?..pls invite me to be your friend after u join multiply ya.

http://pmtey.multiply.com

oh ya..invite me as pmtey

tq

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

PM Tey: Yea will do that. Wish you could be here to do photo shooting for me. No need 4000; 4 also good enough liao..hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Have fun in the run! Can't wait to hear the update!
Teri

John said...

Run a great race and achieve your PB whereby you can font it 2000x so that even "people" in Mars can get to see it!