Thursday, July 12, 2007

Recent happenings

It's a hive of activities here. Whenever I am not working on my dissertation, I'd either be doing sports, attending talks, applying for jobs (everywhere), attending functions or entertaining friends. The activities for the past two weeks....

Brian organised a BBQ at his place but it rained. So we had our food cooked at his home instead. One of the things Christine (Brian's wife) prepared was strawberry meringue (it's in season now, yay!) with cream. The photos made the strawberries looked so delicious. It really was!

Attended Effendi's graduation ceremony. I just found out students in Cambridge can attend the function without a ticket as long as they donned a gown. Effendi is Aeni's brother and Aeni's elder sister was formerly from Gamuda, where I worked. What a small world...


And then a punting trip to Grantchester. My 2nd attempt to punting.

Going right into the bushes was a normal occurence for amateurs like me. I've only clocked 0.09 punting-kilometers through my first attempt months ago. This is what happens when an amateur punts....

Others suffer as a result of my incompetence...and when the unexpected happens...The pole got stuck in the middle of the river and we had to turn back to get it! You can see our friend was obviously peeved...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh the strawberry meringue!!!!! mmmmmmm
-Teri

No Angel said...

You're not too bad. My friend fell into River Cam while punting eventhough he is quite experienced. I suspect it is caused by the wet pun which resulted from my attempt at punting. Just in case you're wondering, he's still alive and kicking and still my best friend..:)