Thursday, July 19, 2007

Course Finale

We just had our department dinner at Emmanuel College and there are a few reasons why it was special:

Phuong, Eskandar and me at Emmanuel College grounds

1. It was the first time I donned a "Baju Melayu" in my life!
2. We had the most creative and amusing song for all the staff in our course as a farewell gift.
3. The level of details for the farewell presents were thought out sustainably.
4. Some of the alumnis came back to join us for the dinner
5. A dinner that doubled as a "recruitment" night where some big companies came to identify potential candidates for their recruitment programme.
6. The dinner was the last official event for everyone....

The video shows the song performance that we presented to our course staff in appreciation of their contributions. **Turn up your speakers**



The lyrics:

In the first month of the MPhil Dr Fenner gave to me
An/(And the) intro to sustainability


In the second month of the MPhil Professor Purseglove gave to me
Two days at Stonehenge


(And the urge to hug a tree)

In the third month of the MPhil Peter Guthrie gave to me
Three days of Marchwood


In the fourth month of the MPhil Dr Caroll gave to me
Four CBA


In the fifth month of the MPhil Nick Ashford gave to me
FIVE TONNES OF NOTES!


**Ashford citing, Ashford, Ashford citing, Ashford, Ashford citing....!
And the warning about PVC!**

In the sixth month of the MPhil the centre gave to me
Six Distinguished lectures


In the seventh month of the MPhil Charles Ainger gave to me
Seven hours of Fishbanks


In the eighth month of the MPhil Judy Swan gave to me
Eight weeks of MOTI


In the ninth month of the MPhil Dr Cruickshank gave to me
Nine Cornish Coach Trips


In the tenth month of the MPhil Rosalie gave to me
Ten marked assignments


By the eleventh month of the MPhil Peter Guthrie's flights had made
Eleven tonnes of Carbon


By the end of the MPhil we will all be...
Twelve days of sleeping

Eleven tonnes of carbon
Ten marked assignments
Nine Cornish Coach Trips
Eight weeks of MOTI
Seven hours of Fishbanks
Six Distinguished Lectures
Five TONNES OF NOTES
Four stops at Hatfield!
Three days of Marchwood
Two days at Stonehenge
And we've all had a very good year.


Some explanations:
1. Marchwood - A mock public inquiry that we did in one of our modules; The Marchwood Incinerator
2. CBA - Cost-Benefit Analysis
3. PVC - the plastic that you and I know
4. Fishbanks - a game theory about natural resource management. We played this in one of our modules.
5. MOTI - Management Of Technology and Innovation; one of the modules
6. Cornish Coach Trips - Our field trip to Cornwall and Eden Project
7. 11 tonnes of Carbon- Our lecturer went to New Zealand and the total carbon made!
8. Hatfield - The stop to pick up/ drop one of our lecturers whenever there was a study trip.

5 comments:

shirley ng said...

hey that's so cool! lucky you...
btw, think you can get me the harry potter stamps before you come back? will pay you back. (:

Anonymous said...

cool! so you're done with your course already? congrats! what are your plans?
Teri

zafi said...

walahhhhhh
cool! eh u look smart wore the baju Melayu...
eh grad?

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

we will only finish end aug. still have 1.5months more.

joanium said...

Haha, I love it. I'm so glad you got a video, Yap!