Thursday, July 12, 2007

Recent happenings no.2

The British Council for the East of England region organised a reception for Chevening scholars at Trinity Hall, one of the 31 colleges in Cambridge. So we didn't have to travel, which was great! Other scholars had to travel all the way from the University of East Anglia and University of Essex.

You probably can't see this properly and sometimes the photos won't enlarge in blogspot when you click on it. There's nothing much I can do. But sometimes it does, so try your luck! In case it doesn't, I am on the left side of the photo; right behind the lady in white headscarf; I hope that helps...

The quartet invited by the British Council to play for the event. I was impressed with the way they played. It's a shame I couldn't sit a chair next to them and immerse in the whole performance. I had to walk around and chat with other scholars too!




Kiki and I chatting with each other most of the time. I had about 7 to 8 chicken drumsticks and a few dozens of mini sausages while we chatted away with other scholars and administrators.


Sir Hilary Synnott from the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office, presented a speech.

And not forgetting, it was also Kiki's birthday! Happy Birthday Kiki! We had a small gathering at a kopitiam after the Chevening reception. But this kopitiam was obviously a nice place, if you heard of Caffe' Nero...that's spelt with two Fs. I was just joking, this is no kopitiam, it's quite a large chain here and they serve good coffee!

Kiki, her cake, a happy smile and a year older!!

4 comments:

Kiki said...

Thanks so much for celebrating my birthday with me!!!!! It is surely one of my most memorable birthday!

Anonymous said...

Alden, I am so jealous. We didn't have any proper food for our London Chevening Reception at Wembley Stadium. I was totally upset, a hungry woman is an angry woman. Had to buy myself Burger King on my way home.

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

I think they learnt from London's experience, so we got the better treatment!

Abol said...

Hi Alden, they really know how to serve balanced diet for the brain and the stomach.