Saturday, March 10, 2007

Coincidence or Divine Providence?

Real life story...

Case 1:
Never spoken to a college-mate of mine. His bike broke down and I happened to be staying in the same college as him. I assisted and pulley-ed him all the way back to my college. It was at least 5km away. We befriended ever since. Then, my laptop broke down. He offered his spare laptop for my temporary use.

Case 2:
Got a Mars and Snickers bar during a run but was not up to it. So, left it in my bag. Two days later, bumped into two of my coursemates fiddling with a chocolate bar vending machine during dinner hours. It broke down. No more dinner for them. I offered my hungry colleagues, the two treasure in my bag.

Case 3:
Two days after the chocolate bar incident, I went for grocery shopping. A fairtrade promoter offered some "Fairtrade" chocolates.

Case 4:
Overslept for 2 hours. It was time to cook lunch instead of breakfast. Arrgh! Forgotten to get the pasta sauce off from the freezer! I meditated and prayed a bit while still lying on my bed, feeling pretty bad that I had already woken up late, could not prepare for lunch and had to leave for lectures on an empty stomach. Went up to the kitchen thinking of Milo then, someone did not close the freezer door properly. The pasta bottle was at the outer most section of the freezer. The only thing that defrosted was my pasta sauce. I cooked my lunch.

I am at awe when I looked back at the things that happened to me recently. It is true that happiness is not about receiving, but giving. It is true that when you pray, God will answer your prayers. It may not necessarily be instantaneous, but the answers will come and you'd know that. We all face alot of problems in life and have turned to many faces for help but not God. Sometimes, all we need is just knock on His door and ask in a silent prayer. Just pray to the God of your faith, any faith be it Christian, Islam, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh or Taoism. If we can't even do that, how do we expect to be answered?

Was it mere coincidence or divine providence? Do share your thoughts.

4 comments:

Kiki said...

Totally agree with you that true happiness comes from giving. There's the saying that "It is more blessed to give than to receive."

feifeipinky said...

^_^ u are a blessed person...giving more that receiving makes u always special in many ways.

zafi said...

Agree!
"What you give you get back" synonym sentence... but depth meaning...
malay proverb " tangan yang memberi lebih baik dari yang menerima"
Great! :)

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

Thanks for all your inputs;)