Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Al-Gore's Inconvenient Truth

Full house in Guildhall

Former Vice President of the United States, Al-Gore, came today and presented his "Inconvenient Truth". It was organised by the University's Climate Project and held at the Guildhall. But there's no cheap deal even for students. Tickets went for 10pounds. It was worth it even though I have watched the video version. Watching it live was a totally different experience.
Al-Gore, former Vice President of the United States
I am still thinking of my true intentions of going to Guildhall; if I went there just to see Al-Gore, because he was after all the former VP of US, or genuinely wanted to immerse in a 2-hour global climate change talk. The revelations were interesting as well as shocking, but since I've seen that in the video already, I guess going there to see him was the most likely reason to seeing "Inconvenient Truth" the 2nd time.

One of the slides..
I wouldn't bother summarising the talk in this blog because it's in the DVDs now and you can get them anywhere. But I do have a snippet of him that I recorded in my camera, if you care to find out.

No comments: