Wednesday, June 28, 2006

100mbps Internet Connection

I am now connected to the internet at a very high bit rate of 100mbps, exactly 100x faster than Malaysia's Streamyx ADSL Broadband connection. Over here, it's VDSL, which stands for "Very high bit rate Digital Subscriber Line". With the VDSL, I am enjoying seamless multiple page uploads and lots of movie downloads. I have at present, 7 DVDs downloaded off BitTorrent and another few coming as I type this blog.

The VDSL modem is also very small. Look at the comparison with the highlighter put side by side.

Surfing has never been so enjoyable until now. Of course, 100mbps is still not the fastest yet. They have up to 2Gbps ie 2000mbps which I found unnecessary at this point of time. You may think such speed could spin alot of head...and yeah, it does! It's crazy man! If you think doing Skype on 1mbps is fabulous, 100mbps would allow me to listen to RickDees streaming online, talk on skype, download a few movies simultaneously and yet get no instances of "Buffering....".

How much do I pay? It's really very cheap here. If you just Google up VDSL, you will find that VDSL is very expensive in some countries. Here, it's about 4400yen which is about RM145. Again, the Japanese cost of living adjustment rate is about RM1 to 100yen, so it's only about RM44 equivalent in Malaysia!

This is abit off topic but the above picture is something very interesting and I am excited to blog it out. GPS (Global Positioning System) here has taken to a new level where it is done in 3D. It's really cool. What's even more cool is that it is accessible from the mobile phones here. Lost in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka or even in Okinawa? No problem, just find your way out from the new GPS system....

**I think I should claim some advertisement fee from NTT and mobile phone companies here** Posted by Picasa

No comments: