Thursday, October 16, 2008

FLM: I'm in!

I'll be running the 2009 London Marathon. Yay!!

I was really happy when I received a confirmation email yesterday.

I could have gotten the news much earlier through a magazine but I guess they sent it to Reading where I applied the ballot from.

Now there is a purpose to run again. Well, not that I haven't been. But I have been and am really looking forward to this. What's more special is that this will be the last Flora London Marathon. 2010 will possibly be called as the Virgin London Marathon when Richard Branson takes over as the main sponsor.

I've never been so happy being able to run in a marathon. The ones I ran do not need a ballot. In fact, they are always short of runners! We're talking about a thousand in Malaysia and more than 120,000 in London. That's just for application. Only 35,000 will be chosen to run.

It's a different league in London. Unbelievable!

I did not get a place to run in 2008. Even though I was despair, I did enjoy half the fun and excitement from waiting for the ballot results!

1 comment:

feifeipinky said...

congrat!!!!