Sunday, January 01, 2012

2012

Today is the first day of 2012.


Just over two years ago, a movie by the same title predicted the world is ending this year. The movie was rated poorly.

A more chilling account comes from the Maya people who predicted the same some 1300 years ago. This was eventually dispelled as inaccurate.

On both accounts, the world is not ending this year.

I guess I have these to look forward to then:

1) In two days, everyone in the office will start to realise the world is watching our project. Pressure is upon us.

2) Professional exam - FINAL!

3) Do three half marathons, a marathon, an aquathlon and a triathlon - a target I hope to exceed.

4) Olympics.

5) Visit the US of A.

6) Visit new European and Scandinavian cities

7) Taking the career to the next level - God willing

8) NI's GIGS at Malaysia

9) Another nephew or a niece?

10) Third season of Downton Abbey

I am contented with ten things to look forward to, but each requires hard work, perseverance, patience, money and a modicum of luck.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

penelope haque said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALDEN!!!

I never have resolutions for a good reason - that way I get to keep all of them! :p

In any case ..
on # 1), 2) and 3) - all the best.
My own 3) will be to get myself physically and mentally prepared for Mt. Kilimanjaro … though am probably attempting it only in 2013/14, but reckon I should start the habit of trekking again and not kill myself like I did last August on Mt. Ararat!!!!

I'll most probably be doing # 5); Alaska though.

# 6) - oh yeah babe! Am heading Central Europe in August (Raya break)… some repeated countries but the certain new one will be Krakow, Poland coz a guy in London highly recommended it to me the last time I had breakfast with him. {wink}

Scandinavian … errr… EXPENSIVE lah dude.
Though will want to do the Northern Lights soon {before the world comes to an end or rather NASA says these few years are the best sighting)

# 7) I just changed jobs. Not sure if it's from the pan to the fire … but one thing is for sure, doesn't deter me from planning my vacations and taking advance long leave even under probation!!!!!

# 9) ha ha! This I will not get for a long time. Being single ROCKS!!!

By the way, maybe we should coordinate the Scandinavian one or the new European countries one. Can always do with a travel mate.

penelope haque said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yap! It's 3088.. said...

Pene,

i'll be back to KL, any chance to have lunch again and discuss about this??;)