Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH002

I flew back on Malaysia Airlines and had some good experiences to share.

I wrote a very informal customer feedback to the company a while ago and thought of sharing this with you:

"Dear PR Manager,

I just returned to London after having a good two-week break in Malaysia for the Chinese New Year. I enjoy flying with MH because you are known for your good service and that the crew are friendly, cheerful and helpful. Just like yesterday's in-flight breakfast menu, passengers were given either the nasi lemak or omelette.

When I was asked of my choice for breakfast by Miranda Tan, the crew who served my side of the aisle, I told her I actually preferred the omelette on my nasi lemak. I thought it was quite a silly request and an unorthodox way of telling her I wanted both! Then she obliged and told me she will try to get me an omelette if there's an extra, while serving me the nasi lemak with a smile. I didn't expect the additional to come by afterwards.

However after 10minutes, another crew brought me an omelette to go with my nasi lemak. I was really happy. Even though these were small gestures, this is exactly what keeps me choosing MH. Going beyond expectation is all about doing the little things to others when you didn't have to. Thumbs up to crews Miranda Tan and the other staff (a young Malay guy) for keeping the high standards of MH.

And for your info, this is not only an observation from me. Exiting the aircraft, a British couple at the back of me commented,"very friendly people. Expensive but it's all worth every penny". Having said that, I hope we can get cheaper fares to and from London soon. I do not mind foregoing the omelette next time. I just do not want to see the other "bitchy" airlines win!"

No comments: