Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chinese New Year in Malaysia

I am home!!

After two CNYs in London, I have decided to celebrate this year's CNY in Malaysia.

I meant to write earlier but just couldn't find the time. The first two days were spent recovering from jet lag, traveling and meeting relatives and friends.

I have been eating since coming home. I have always liked CNY because of the myriad of cookies, BBQ meat and mandarin oranges on the living hall table. I remember as a kid I was always looking forward to two things. Angpaos (red packet with money) and the strawberry flavoured cream-filled "love-letters". Nowadays, I have two CNY love-letter wishes; health and peace. With health, I can achieve anything. With peace, everyone else could.

CNY eve reunion dinner

Of course the most important element of CNY is reuniting with everyone in the family. I was very happy meeting my two grandmothers, uncles and aunts, and cousins and catching up on news of our families.

Catching up

One thing I am struggling is to control eating at every house that I go to visit. In a day like yesterday, I could be visiting up to three places during lunch time and I could end up having three lunches before realising I have overeaten! Thing is, how could you control eating when everything is different and you would want to try everyone of them!

5 comments:

niQue_naQ said...

bila nak meet up nie? :p or are u tired of eating already? hehe

Wadi: said...

Dear Alden,
Happy Chinese New Year to you! Hope we could squeeze our time whilst you are here in Malaysia.

Cheers
Noris

gaagaagrace said...

Talk about over-eating....hehehe...I gain 2kgs from Christmas at home...still trying to lose them... I hope you'd gain more than 2kgs...least I can find some comfort in that somebody has to work harder than me...hehehe. Eat MORE Alden!

T and T said...

Happy Chinese New Year, Alden!
Mmm now I want to eat the myriad of cookies and long yoke :)

Jamie Pang said...

Happy New Year old fella!