Saturday, September 02, 2006

More from Kyoto...

After Hiroshima, we turned direction and headed back to east. The trip was concluding from Kyoto. I have visited Kyoto more than any other places and now, I have been to Kyoto 4 times! This just shows how much I would recommend this place.
Trying out the different types of Ramen wherever we go, is a must. This place is in Kyoto's Shijo-Omiya. As usual, we went for the teishoku (set meal), as it is not only more worth it, but also suits big-eaters like myself. As shown in the picture, the teishoku which I took comes with a bowl of ramen, and a plate of fried rice. And people in Malaysia thought that I was on diet, judging from how scrawny I looked in the pictures. Oh please, I don't believe in skimping on meals.
The entrace to Kiyomizudera (Pure Water Temple)
Kiyomizudera is one of Japan's most celebrated Buddhist temples. Its history dates back to 780 and is now the UNESCO World Heritage Site.


This place is called Gion. Gion is where geishas are often spotted walking along the corridor of the few remaining old architectural sites of Kyoto. We were lucky to spot one while checking out the old buildings in Gion. You may see a freaked out geisha as they are often swamped by tourist and photographers. Geisha is a dwindling profession, perhaps due to the general perceived idea of the job .

Above is the Heian Shrine.

This is Ginkakuji (Silver Pavilion) and was built is 1482. It is a Zen temple.

No comments: