Sunday, May 20, 2007

Inspiration

Whenever I am not paragliding over the French Alps, I'd dive down the cliffs of Angel Falls in Venezuela. Just joking...
An unexpected shot of me plunging into the KL Swimming Pool by Raymond.

I feel it's quite effective to unwind the way I used to after a hard day at work. Whenever I am occupied with work, stress and all, I do my runs and jump into the pool to get new inspirations. It is liberating and refreshing too.

I am still working on my research and have yet to write anything for my dissertation. I needed inspiration. So I stepped out of character as a "researcher" and worked out the way I used to on the roads, treadmill and swimming pool.

1500m swim

I realised my swimming time has deteriorated badly due to the lack of training. None since going to Cambridge and that's taken a toll on me. I went back to the pools recently and found my shoulder and right arm all stiff and unable to push any faster, as if being chased in a dream and not able to run any faster.

I don't know if I could still take the triathlons with stride but even if not, it is still a good way to unwind and get new inspirations, which are essential to finishing the things I am supposed to finish in Malaysia.

4 comments:

yipwt said...

hi alden...nice meeting you at the run...keep on training man...

zafi said...

Help i cant swim!

Raymond said...

3088 can teach u!

Anonymous said...

u fly my aeroplane on kenyir!!!